Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Art of Racing in the Rain

I started this book by Garth Stein around 4 o'clock.  It is now 8 or so, and I have to say, it was the most refreshing read that I've had.  Well, I haven't read a book in a while to my dismay, but this one was a great book to break the bad habit of TV.  I really needed a good cry, and this book was full of them.  I recommend this book to any Dog Lover out there. 

The reason I liked it so much, was it was put in the perspective of an Airedale/Lab mix that was picked up by a guy who was looking for a companion dog.  It goes through the life of this amazing dog and his master, and the terrible things his master is submitted to one after the other.  A weaker man would have killed himself, is all I have to say.  What a rewarding book, and an amazing finish.  Take a few hours out of your busy schedule, and check this book out.  I strongly recommend it.

It was actually recommended to me by my Father and Step-mother, and they gave up their copy to me so I could read it.  I'm home alone after working a morning shift, and Mr. III is working the evening shift and won't be off for another 10 minutes.  Then, he has a 30 minute drive home, at best I believe.

Things have gotten better, way better, and I wanted to apologize to my readers for my sudden outburst resulting in possible break-up-ness.  Truthfully, I was at my wits end with him and didn't know any other way of going about it.  Or, at least that's what I'm thinking went wrong.  I still don't know, and we're still trying to work through it. 

My head hurts from crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment