Friday, December 17, 2010

Series of Questions for Horse People. Number one.

I'm still planning on posting to this one about relationship stuff, but I'm also going to blog on this one.  I wanna get fit.  I wanted to type that one about horse and exercise/riding stuff here.  This is more of a personal blog, and that will be my career blog.

Mr III and I broke up.  I'm keeping his info up, but changing it and removing his picture.  I'll also be removing my friend's picture.

Some crazy stuff has happened in the last two weeks.  I left Mr. III for a few reasons, moved back home, and am progressing forward in my professional career.  I'm trying to get to Meredith Manor by June.  I'm sending off my enrollment papers tomorrow and getting ready to spend the money as a down payment. 

It'll be awesome. I'll move forward as a horse person.  But I've had a bump in the road, and I am looking for guidance.

And, if you could, please let your horsey friends know about my question, so they can answer it for themselves.

There's a lot of different questions to give, and some are kind of long, so forgive me if it may be ridiculous.

Okay, so here we go. 

I had a great horsewoman as a trainer for the past two years.  But, I've moved about 2 hours away from her location, which makes it hard for me to take the time out to go see her.  I wanted to try and make it so I could do lessons, but I ended up not having a single day off in the week, so I ended up warning her I couldn't do it, or at least, I thought I had. 

She says I hadn't, which truthfully, at this point, I'll take her word for it. 

I asked her if I could get a lesson from her this weekend  not realizing she had a clinic going on, so she ended up sending me some messages with a very strict and angry tone to them.  I did tell the Lady I'm helping out closer to my location that my previous instructor is someone else I've worked for, but she called at a bad time for my previous instructor, and my previous instructor was upset about it.

I asked if there was anything I could do to make it up to you, but her answer made me feel like I had burned a bridge.  I want to be serious about riding, and I want her to respect me as a rider.  I was thinking of finishing a quilt that I was going to make for her and sending it for Christmas, a long with a note of apology.

 Is this a good idea?  Can I get her to forgive me?  I really appreciate her for all she has ever done for me.  She's been so good to me in the past, I just want to be a friend to come in for a lesson every once in a while as a refresher, and I want to help her business.  What can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment